Our Commitment to Safety
Virginia Vale Swim Club is dedicated to the health and safety of all its members and guests. The general manager and staff are responsible for ensuring that each member and guest comply with all applicable rules and regulations.
In the interest of the health and safety, members and guests are expected to follow the Virginia Vale Rules and Regulations at all times. Questions regarding these rules and regulations should be directed to any member of the Board. Additional important information as well as policies and procedures can be found in the VV Member Handbook, throughout this website, and posted at the club.
Virginia Vale Bylaws
Virginia Vale Swim Club is a non-profit entity organized and operated pursuant to its bylaws
Members are expected to be familiar with all of the information provided in the VV Member Handbook.
Rules and Regulations
The pool manager on duty operates all of the pool facilities for the health and safety of the members, guests and staff. All members and guests are expected to comply with the rules, regulations, and policies described in the VV Member Handbook and posted on the club grounds, as well as any modifications that are required to deal with emergency or extraordinary circumstances that may arise.
Members are personally liable for their conduct, the conduct of those under their responsibility, and the conduct of their guests. Parents must instruct their children to observe all regulations and obey instructions of the manager and staff.
Safety, common sense, and courtesy to others are always good practice.
General Health and Safety
- Each family member and guest must check-in at the front desk when entering the club.
- No running on the deck.
- No rough play or pushing anywhere on the grounds or in the pool.
- Virginia Vale is a no smoking facility. The use of tobacco, nicotine products, or marijuana in any form is strictly prohibited.
- No dogs or other pets on club grounds at any time, except service dogs.
- No glass containers are permitted on the pool deck. If you bring a drink in a glass bottle you must pour it into a plastic/paper cup and leave the bottle in your cooler.
- No eating, drinking or chewing gum in either pool.
- Children who are not yet toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper in either pool.
- All members are responsible for cleaning up after themselves. Please clean your tables and dispose of trash and recycling appropriately when you leave your area.
- The manager on duty has the authority to clear the pools and decks whenever they determine swimming to be hazardous, and to reopen when they determine it is safe to do so. The pool and grounds may also be closed if the manager on duty determines that hazardous weather conditions continue to exist.
- The pool may not be used unless a lifeguard is present and on duty. Lifeguards have full authority to control swim activities while on duty.
- The child’s parent or supervising adult must be within arm’s reach of any child who cannot swim without the aid of the flotation device (even if the child is using such a device).
- The manager on duty has the authority to clear the pool of flotation devices, beach balls and other toys when deemed necessary.
- Only one person at a time on the diving board.
- Divers must go off the end of the board facing forwards, and swim directly to a ladder.
- Swimming is not permitted in the deep end when the diving board is in use.
- No flotation devices are allowed in the diving area.
- Adult supervision is required at all times.
- A supervising parent or adult must be within arm’s reach of each child at all times.
- Baby pool use is prohibited for children over the age of 6.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and closely supervised by an adult or babysitter or sibling over the age of 12 at all times.
- Candles and other flammable devices or materials (such as sterno) are strictly prohibited.
- General use of the Upper Deck may be restricted when it has been reserved for a private party, a team event or a board meeting, or the staffing ratio does not allow for sufficient monitoring.